Menu Bar

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Our Plants

I have always loved plants within a home, but was always nervous to give them a try. Until I saw Emily Henderson's blog post about THE fiddle leaf fig tree and I fell in love! The leaves are glossy green and huge! I love what Emily said in her post, "they are big and sculptural and yet super graphic – their leaves are large scale and dark green and it commands attention.  They add sooo much height that they basically become another piece of furniture." And for just around $50 a tree it makes a huge statement in any room. You can't see it here, but I have it placed in a large round basket found at Target.


This next plant is tiny and small, but I love that it is unexpectedly striped. I got it while shopping at the Wimberley Market Days with my friend Brooke. It is called a Zebra Hawarthia and grows similar to other succulents where it needs little to no water and enjoy plenty of sunlight. I love the impact both of these plants have in our living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment